‘Green Construction’ can mean different things to different people. Sustainable design and construction may focus on the latest eco-friendly materials and renewable energy opportunities. It may also, however, simply mean conducting a project in a responsible manner that maximizes the use of salvaged and reclaimed materials. That said, a green project, contrary to what some people may think, can be more affordable than traditional construction and renovation projects.
Our construction division is responsible for new construction, renovations, and remodels of most any size, serving residential and commercial markets in the Washington, DC area. During every construction project, we are careful to utilize products and practices that maximize indoor air quality, incorporate regional, sustainable, and recycled materials, and reduce long-term energy usage and costs.
Construction services include:
- Detailed Scoping and Cost-Estimating When detailed plans aren’t available, the most critical component of a successful project is a detailed scope of work, and a thorough estimate of costs. Impact Construction prides itself on creating a thoughtful ‘road map’ for a successful project, which starts with detailed estimating.
- Pre-Construction Planning Prior to starting a project, Impact Construction work with clients and our strategic vendors to ensure that critical building materials and fixtures are properly selected and promptly ordered to avoid project delays.
- Project Prep-work and Site Management Controlling dust and potentially hazardous construction materials is a critical component of our deliverable. Since many of our clients have no choice but to remain in their homes during construction, we work to stringently mitigate the disruption of your home, with a particular focus on indoor air quality.
- Client Management Our goal is to provide clients with a window into the construction process so that they better understand the construction process. With an online project management tool, our clients are able to review schedules, confirm fixtures, review change orders, see pictures, and communicate with a dedicated project manager. Weekly client meetings help to ensure that we’re building to the desires of our clients.
- Quality Control Each project will be completed with a blend of Impact Construction and employees and dedicated subcontractors. Our sub-contractor relationships are based on partnerships that have been developed over time. The trust and experience built together over time enables us to ensure that our highest quality expectations are met at each phase of the project.
- Expectation-Setting and Timely Performance Our ability to develop open and honest communication with clients- as well as our vast remodeling experience- helps us to set and achieve ‘aggressive but realistic’ project schedules so that clients can better plan and manage their own construction experience.